Jeff Knittel, elected to NYSWYSA Hall of Fame Bio highlights are provided by CNY United website
Rochester, NY – On November 17, 2008, Jeff Knittel was elected to the New York State West Youth Soccer Association (NYSWYSA) Hall of Fame. This recognition was bestowed in recognition of Jeff’s extraordinary soccer accomplishments both on and off the field.
- Three time NSCAA All American
- Two time Parade Magazine All American
- 1994 NSCAA National High School Player of the Year
- Member of the USA U17 National Team
- Big East Rookie of the Year (Syracuse University)
- 1995-1996 All-Big East 2nd Team
- 1998 All-Big East 1st Team
- All-Regional Player 4 Consecutive Years
A product of the Chittenango Soccer Club and the Syracuse Blitz, Jeffrey Knittel was one of New York West’s most successful players. He was a three-time NSCAA and Parade magazine All-American and the 1994 NSCAA National High School Player of the Year at Chittenango High School. Knittel also played on the U17 U.S. Men’s National Team from 1992-94 and excelled at Syracuse University from 1995-98, earning all-conference and all-region honors in each of his four collegiate seasons and twice being named Syracuse’s offensive MVP. After college Jeff played professionally for the USL 1st division teams Lehigh Valley Steam and the Syracuse Salty Dogs. He currently serves as the Director of Coaching for the CNY United FC.
Biography provided by Sandy Ostebo and CNY United.