New York State West Youth Soccer Association is currently accepting resumes for the job of: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
Please send resumes to:
c/o Roger Best
21 Iland Drive
Rochester, NY 14624
or via e-mail: email@example.com
The New York State West Youth Soccer Association (NYSW) Executive Director will be a full time employee and will report directly to the President of NYSW. The primary responsibility of the position is to provide leadership and administration of the operational plan, budget, programs and services of NYSW. The duties and responsibilities will be as described below, as well as any other tasks appropriate to the position that may be assigned by the President and/or the Board of Directors.
- Provide regular updates and reports on all matters impacting the Association including management, budget issues, projects, programs and events.
- Handle requests that come from the President, BOD, Program Managers and committee chair persons.
- Maintain and monitor adherence of the NYSW Bylaws, Policies and Procedures.
- Facilitate/coordinate all NYSW meetings and special events.
- Promote/Oversee NYSW policies with the membership.
- Ensure proper staffing and training of all employees.
- Establish and maintain job descriptions and performance standards for all employees.
- With input from the BOD, conduct the Annual Performance Review of the Office Manager.
- Prepare and manage the State Office Budget and the budgets of programs administered by the State Office.
- Assist the Treasurer and Program Managers in the development and management of their respective budgets, and provide other budget assistance as needed.
- Assist in any external or internal audit.
- Oversee the NYSW revenue stream to ensure compliance with all payment procedures.
- Monitor (along with the treasurer) all savings, checking accounts and investments to maximize returns.
- Review, as needed, all lease agreements, contracts and sponsorships and make appropriate recommendations regarding renewals.
- Actively seek and secure new contracts/agreements for scholarships, grants, sponsorships and donations for NYSW events, programs and activities.
- Serve as a liaison between the Association and all member clubs and leagues.
- Actively promote NYSW programs to secure new members.
- Supervise the publishing of all NYSW sponsored publications.
- Attend all regularly scheduled Board Meetings and other NYSW, US Soccer and US Youth Soccer meetings/functions as requested by the President.
- Four year Bachelors degree preferably in business or sports management or the equivalent in terms of background and experience.
- Relative management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work effectively within a diverse volunteer organization.
- Strong analytical skills and effective decision-making.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and effective fiscal management skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and data base management.
- Knowledge of the soccer community and issues affecting youth soccer is desirable, but not mandatory.