The Olympic Development Program follows the international age classification system, whereby players are grouped according to their birth year (January 1 – December 31st). Please note that this is different than that of club soccer (which classifies players using August 1 – July 31st as parameters for its age matrix). ODP has six age groups for boys and girls, the youngest of which is the U12 age group which is considered a developmental program (where there are no tryouts).
For the 2013-14 ODP season, players born in the following years will be classified as follows:
- Boys & Girls born in 1997 = U17
- Boys & Girls born in 1998 = U16
- Boys & Girls born in 1999 = U15
- Boys & Girls born in 2000 = U14
- Boys & Girls born in 2001 = U13
- Boys & Girls born in 2002 = U12 (Developmental)