In 2012 the tournament will be played again in Cortland on outstanding fields, including six fields at the SUNY Cortland sports complex, two fields at the Tompkins Cortland Community College and one field at the Homer High School stadium.
The two tier registration fee structure will be retained. All teams will pay a $475 registration fee to enter the tournament, but those teams that do not qualify for the final four will receive a $200 reimbursement following their last play down match.
The State Cup chairman will be Hugh Goodridge and we welcome additional community soccer committee members, to help in soliciting sponsors, managing the process, and supporting the weekend tournament. If anyone would like to join us please email the state office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please notice the calendar carefully this year. Due to the new rules from Nationals, our playdown period will need to be conducted in a very compressed timeframe.
- January 9th - Entry to this event is closed.
- April 1 - Entry closes at Midnight
- April 13 - All Payments either by credit card on-line or if by check must be received at the state office no later than this date.
- April 20 - 2:00PM - Roster Freeze for all U12 through U18 rosters - we need U19 rosters if you expect to be seeded
- April 21 - 2:00 PM - Blind Draw, at Country Inn and Suites, Cortland
- April 25 - Cup Chairman will notify teams of their play down game match times and location.
- April 27 - Roster Freeze for U19 teams
- April 28 - April 29 - Blackout dates for ODP Development weekend, not subject to change
- Home teams - All Play down match results must be sent to email@example.com
- May 5/6 - First round play down matches held at various sites (U12-U15 age groups on Saturday, U16-U18 age groups on Sunday)
- May 12/13 - Second round playdown matches held at various sites (U19 play down games will be on Sunday, May 13)
- May 20 - All playdown games must be complete
- May 29 - All final four schedules will be posted on the NY West web site
- June 1, 2, 3 State Cup Final Four Tournament*
- June 28 - July 3 - US Youth Soccer Region 1 Championships, Lancaster, PA
- July 24 - July 29 - US Youth Soccer National Championships, Rock Hill, SC
*Note: The tournament finals dates include an SAT testing date on June 2, players should plan accordingly.
Registered teams that participated in the previous year’s Final Four series at State Cup will be seeded in the order they finished in the previous year’s standings, provided their current cup roster has at least 51% of the same players as the previous year. See the New York State West Cup rules for specifics. New entries will be seeded according to random selection during the blind draw.
Please note that ALL U12-U18 rosters will freeze at 2:00PM the day before the draw.
Hugh Goodridge is the 2012 State Cup Chairman. Hugh can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org