The most often asked question is: Can players be on a Cup roster and use a secondary player pass. The answer is NO. All players on Cup rosters must carry and present a primary player pass from the club they are playing Cup with. Please see NYSW Championship policy - Rule 7203, Section 3, item (2)
2017 ROSTER SIZES
- A Change in the roster sizes from previous years. 12U teams will now play 9v9 and have a Cup roster maximum of 16, 13U and older teams have a roster size maximum of 22.
- Teams are NOT permitted to exceed these Cup roster sizes.
- The 19U age group will be a combined age group 19/20U with players born between 1 August 1997 and 31 December 1998 eligible. The age group will be referenced as 20U for this competition.
- All Cup rosters must maintain 9 players common to the qualifying League roster. League and Cup rosters are compared for continuity.
- See the US Youth Soccer NYSW Championships Policy for specific rostering rules and requirments.
- Cup rosters must be composed of 50% +1 players residing in the geographic boundries of New York State West.
- Cup rosters must be composed of 50% +1 of players born in the age group in which the team is competing.
Code of Conduct Form
- only required for teams that advance to the Final 4. Please provide at check-in.
2017 HOUSING AT FINAL 4
Housing for the Final 4 in Cortland is being administered by New York West. This should result in rooms being available for all teams in the Cortland area at very favorable room rates. Blocks of rooms have been set aside for our tournament. When a team advances to the Final 4, the team’s primary contact will be forwarded an email with a contact phone number to call and secure your rooms. You will not be able to secure rooms at the best rates without using this method. Teams who commit to using housing provided by NYSW and then do not use it , or go outside our Cup housing system will be subject to a $500.00 penality.