COACH FOR COMMUNITY GOAL: Provide coaching education resources for grassroots coaches and connect with community member associations to help increase player participation as well as retain players and coaches.
- Share best practices for player development including coaching games and practices
- Provide expertise in Grassroots Coach Education
- Share member benefits for host organization
WHAT IS COACH FOR COMMUNITY AND WHO IS THE AUDIENCE?
Coach for Community is a versatile tool built on U.S. Soccer Coaching Education principles that can be applied in various settings to meet the needs of a wide-ranging audience (including a virtual experience)
The intended audience can be:
- Current members (clubs, associations, etc.)
- Under-served populations, non-members (unaffiliated clubs, YMCAs, Parks & Recreation Associations, Boys & Girls Clubs, etc.)
- Soccer enthusiasts attending a national team game or other major soccer event
INTENDED AUDIENCE OPTIONS:
- Coaches of all levels (volunteer, professional, high school, college, etc.) that are interested in gaining access to more coaching education opportunities
- Includes a focus on non-member organizations such as YMCAs, Boys and Girls Clubs, schools, etc. to target for potential membership growth, or in collaboration with other U.S. Soccer members like the U.S. Soccer Foundation (Safe Places to Play)
- Instructors and potential instructors
- Club/organization leaders, local governments, teachers, and anyone else that is responsible for creating youth soccer experiences and is interested in helping make youth soccer a better experience for children!
- Ultimately - Players! (both current and new, registered and non-registered)
The versatility of Coach for Community (C4C) allows it to meet the needs of a wide ranging audience to help educate coaches, increase player participation, and connect with both members and non-members.
It can be delivered either in-person or virtually. The C4C tool can be modified to fit the intended audience and their needs by:
- Using content to lead a board/classroom session for club/organizational leaders to show the benefits of coaching education
- Using content to help educate coaches through:
- A 'classroom' session that can be in-person (1 hour) or virtually (90 minutes)
- A classroom session + a field session (2 hours)
- A classroom session + a field session + another classroom session for reflection (3 hours)
WHAT CAN U.S. SOCCER COACH FOR COMMUNITY LOOK LIKE TO REACH CLUB / ORGANIZATION LEADERS?
1 HOUR - 1.5 HOURS
- 1 hour (unofficial course) free event to raise awareness about U.S. Soccer Grassroots Coach Education
- 1 hour classroom in-person or 90 minutes in a virtual setting
- Technical Leaders to facilitate a discussion with club/organization leaders to show the benefits of coach education and the steps to connect to host a future Coach for Community /Coaching Education Course with help from the host association/club directors and administrators
- No field session(s)
If you would like to host a course or have questions regarding our coaching education program
contact the NYSW Coaching Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org