At TSE, November 15th
The Festival will be held in conjunction with the NY West Coaches Workshop at TSE on November 15, 2008. This special Festival is named in memory of the late Doug May - a long time NY West area coach for travel teams, ODP, high schools and colleges, and a 2005 NYW Hall of Fame inductee.
- Players: Rosters are limited to five (5) U10 players. Three (3) field players and no keepers will be on the field during play. Substitutions can be made on the fly with players entering in their own half.
- Ball: A size 4 ball will be provided
- Equipment: Players must wear shin guards and the same color jerseys.
- The first team listed for each match on the schedule will kick off from center field. Kick-offs may be taken in any direction and are indirect. A goal may be scored only from a touch within a team’s offensive half of the field. There will be no off-sides or corner kicks or penalty kicks. Balls over side line will be played in on the ground by the feet. Balls hitting boards behind goal will be put back in play by a goal kick. Following a goal, the defending team restarts with a goal kick. Goal kicks are taken from anywhere within three (3) yards of the goal. All restarts are indirect, and on restarts defending players must be at least three (3) yards away. No free kicks are to be taken closer than five (5) yards from the goal area.
- Game duration: Each match will be 15 minutes – running time, with no time-outs. Teams must be by the field ten (10) minutes before the scheduled start of the match and ready to start at the scheduled starting time.
- At the conclusion of all play, all players will be presented with participation awards and have their pictures taken.